Tuesday, April 21, 2009

4.21.09 [POETRY JAM]

at 5 o'clockPM i witnessed JHS's first Slam Poetry Jam presented by SpokenInk
it was pretty fun
I was offered a chance to be the Sacrificial Poet but I know cant spit so the offer was declined
it was pretty cool how during Slam Poetry there are 2 judges selected from the crowd which really gets us involved
ROUND ONE was dope...even though my cam' died mid-way through G's performance
so during intermission I ran to CVS to cop some batteries
and to my luck when I got back ROUND TWO had already started and once again I missed G on stage
 everyone was pretty impressive
even those who I pre-judged (no names named)
but check out the pic's from the Jam


and the winner is G
ZaK & Tra put up a very good fight tho

here's Tra's piece on a males thought process behind his actions and words

and since my cam' died while G was spittin' ill post his ROUND ONE performance from way back


until the Hillside v. Jordan Slam,
-OJAY FAISON

No comments: