Saturday, April 18, 2009

4.18.09 [WALE @ CAT'S CRADLE]


im back and in full effect after my last adventurous 3 days


many of you know Wale came to Cat's Cradle on Thursday, April 16th and it was soooo fun
act's such as Kooley High, J. Cole and Colin Munroe opened for him

[background] Kooley High is a trio from Raleigh, NC currently have a older tape out "Kooley is High" that was given out for free at the concert and a newer one that was 5$ a piece...not sure of the title

J. Cole is an artist from Fayetteville who is the newest signee of Jay-Z's new label "RocNation" and he is absolutely bananas. You can see him on Youtube with Green Lantern kickin' a freestyle and if you give me a day or so a video from the concert of him, Wale and the female member from Kooley High spittin' on stage

Colin Munroe was quite a surprise. The place went from a hip-hop vibe and made a slight turn to rock and roll which way different from what i expected. Little did I know but later found out that Colin was the dude singing in the Flashing Lights Remix that many have heard singing "i want those, i want those flashing lights". That being his last song Tevin & I THOUGHT this would be a perfect oppurtunity for Wale to make his big entrance considering that he does have a verse on the remix but little to find out, we would be dissappointed with our hypothesis being untrue. 

WALE was the "bessstt". I mean he knew from the get-go that NC really supported him, we had Cat's Cradle packed to the rim forreal and he aknowledged that in his first sentance of getting on stage. My dude gave us an hour and fifteen minutes of PURE ENTERTAINMENT, now seriously, who do you know thats a hip-hop artist that can give you an hour + show with such a following that everybody still knows 75% of the words you spittin'? now thats what I call support. I was like a kid in a candy store, a child that just enjoyed my food and still have the remains of my drink on my upper lip as I cheese...Kool Aid Smile. In my mind I was on stage with him and I guarantee I knew more of the lyrics to all of the songs that anyone in that damn place. When you see the video or should i say clip's I post you will hear me spit in even the verse thats supposed to be a "freestyle" nahh I caught him slippin' cause it was only me and him spittin' and everybody else was silence during this point. Young Chris tagged along and performed a few joints, Tre of UCB sang a couple of hooks, UCB provided the authentic go-go sound to the stage and 9th Wonder just stood back and soaked what was going on in front of his eyes. You could really tell that he didn't wanna leave us because he tried to do his exit act about 4 times but always came back to stretch his time on stage frome one more song to one more song to this is my last song to nahh now this is my last song haha it was great how he allowed people to join him on stage at the end and just rap with him and take pictures and stuff. David Banner kicked a pretty dope freestyle that was like 2 bars and made the crowd oohh and ahhh...I wish I was apart of the on-stage recking crew but atleast I can be proud to say that my first concert was a WALE concert and that I am honored to have been apart of it. And you KNOW the concert was good when people who aren't even WALE fans *cough [Zeina] have a good time and say the enjoyed it. :) 

and if you were there you know what this video is about if you weren't then im sure you can find many Wale @ Cat's Cradle vid's on Youtube...believe me i've looked so yeah check this out
my title "Wale says goodbye to the Twitter hype"



you want more photos...hit up my FlickR
ill post the clip's via Youtube sometime tomorrow
-OJAY FAISON
signed

No comments: